During our time here, I have gone to three different barbers: when we first arrived I went to the overpriced fancy salon in UB City; then, after we got settled and I realized how overpriced it was I found a great little salon in Indiranagar; but after moving to Whitefield it was hard to justify driving an hour for a haircut, so I started going to the local barber just down the street. Every haircut, regardless of where it has been, has always started with the same question: "How would you like it?" And regardless of what I say, I always end up with the same cut: short on the sides and back and a little longer on top. As one barber said, "You look like Daniel Craig, you know James Bond. This is his haircut." .
Obviously Daniel Craig and I have nothing in common; I would never wear a watch to the beach. But I guess I will take that slight over being told that I look like Kevin Costner, which also has been mentioned before.
Obviously Daniel Craig and I have nothing in common; I would never wear a watch to the beach. But I guess I will take that slight over being told that I look like Kevin Costner, which also has been mentioned before.
Either way, and regardless of which brooding aging actor I look like, the main point is that I always get the same haircut. Short on the sides, a little longer on top, regardless of what I ask for.
Except today. Because today the power went out halfway through getting the sides and back short with the clippers. My barber tried hard to stall and wait it out, hoping the power would come back, but since I didn't want a shave, there was nothing else he could do and eventually he had to take the scissors to the last 2/3 of the back and sides. And it's not bad. A little creative, a little avant garde, but not bad. Not bad at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment