Sunday, June 24, 2012

Seven on Saturday

1.   Some of you may have realized by now that I take full advantage of "Saturday" for these posts...and believe that even if it is Sunday morning right now in India - it's still Saturday somewhere in the US, and so I am not actually late on my post.  If any of you think this is stretching the time gap a bit too much, I trust you will just keep it to yourself.  :)

2.  A juicer is an amazing machine.  We have kind of wanted one for a while, and decided to treat ourselves to the fun kitchen gadget.  Since it's time of purchase, we have run just about every fruit/vegetable we can think of through it - and it's delicious!  I am already day dreaming about the juicer I want to buy when we move back to the US.

3.  Wow...that was a very successful off-site!  All day Saturday, and part of Sunday - and we have a plan, and a really good one!  The days included pre-work, an official agenda, a bit of research, and one spectacular post-it exercise...

Hard at work...yes we were drinking wine, but staying hydrated too!
The amazing post-it note exercise...

 4.  It was my birthday this weekend - which made our financial off-site even more exciting.  Yes, I am that geeky.  In addition to spending my birthday doing some of my favorite things - I got a lot of love from family and friends all over the world!  Lots of good wishes on Facebook, my very first piece of mail, and beautiful flowers from a faraway friend!

MAIL!!  Thanks Hanna family!
Amazing bouquet of flowers

5.  Birthday continued.  As I hope you have gathered by now from the avid blog reading you do, some things are just kinda hard to get done here in India.  One of the things I love most is photography, and specifically having a lot of it all over our home of our friends and family.  I have been worried about whether or not we would be able to figure out how to print pictures here in India...especially since we are going to be taking all sorts of great adventures and I don't want to wait two years to print everything.  So, now for the best gift of all, from the best man in the whole world.  I got a pile of printed pictures that we took recently, and three new frames - all done right here in India.  Yes, it did take him a few different shops to find a place, and the picture sizes apparently don't always match frame sizes - but it was just perfect, and exactly what I needed while celebrating a birthday on the other side of the world from many of my favorite people.  Thank you Alan.
 
L to R: baby elephants in Sri Lanka, our favorite wedding photo, and me & Gram


6.  So you have heard, our shipment arrived, but did you see our stash of drink mixes?  No, they don't sell drink mix packets here in India.  Do we need 30+ boxes of drink mix, maybe not.  But when you are about to move across the world, you make really weird decisions.  Trust me, we got strange looks from the Target cashier for trips we took leading up to the movers coming - because they were a lot like this...mass supplies of things we just didn't think we could live without.

Thirsty?

7.  We are starting to plan our next trip!  We are taking a two night trip to a small village called Hampi, India in a few weeks.  This is just around a 6 hour drive from Bangalore, and it looks like a really amazing place.  If you want to do your research ahead of time, just check this page out!


No comments:

Post a Comment