Monday, December 10, 2012

Things that annoy Andrea

When we lived in Claremont there was one phrase that always really annoyed Andi.  OK, yes, there were many things I said and did, and still say and do, that annoy(ed) her, but that's not the point.  The point is that there was a phrase I learned growing up that drove her crazy.

As a reminder, Claremont lies in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, directly below Mt. Baldy.  In the winter, whenever a storm would roll through town, I would wake up the next day and ask, "I wonder if we got any snow?"  Then, after looking out the window to confirm that there was snow on Mt. Baldy, I would let Andi know "Yep, it looks like we got some snow."  To the Ohio born and raised, this was a travesty not only of geography but of labor.  "If we got snow why aren't you out shoveling the drive?  If we got snow, why aren't you digging the car out of a snow bank?  If we got snow, why are you wearing shorts and getting ready to go for a bike ride?"  All, I guess, being legitimate questions.

But still, today, I think I want to say, "We got snow."

 
St. Paul, MN

Hamline snow
Hamline University, St. Paul, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment