Well, this blog post is inspired by (and partially stolen from) our dear friend Katherine who writes Ten on Tuesday each week for her amazing blog
Any Day a Beautiful Change (you can buy her brand new book
HERE)! Our plan is each week to do a Seven on Saturday post (or maybe Sunday :-) ), to share some of the top highlights from our week. So here goes!
1. There is a ton of delicious fruit here in India, my personal favorite this week...itsy bitsy teeny weeny bananas!
 |
| Smallest Bananas in the WORLD! |
2. Before I left Minneapolis I packed one box of office stuff that I really wanted to have right away, and Amy was nice enough to jump through 50 hoops to mail that box to me after I left work. Well it showed up this week, and although it arrived in a roundish shape...I was so so excited and grateful to get it! Especially the box of Mike n' Ikes! Thank you Amy!
 |
| Happiness |
3. A sign in a public restroom. I am not entirely sure what all the pictures mean but apparently they don't want you to flush anything down the toilet, including a bar of soap.
 |
| Okay no paper, soap, cups, hmm what else? |
4. We survived the FRRO process and the scrutiny desk, yeah!!!! Here is a photo of the guard at the front door standing next to the Baby Care area. This is where you can "care" for your baby (i.e. change a diaper) if needed...and have an armed guard right there for you. The FRRO experience will get a post all on it's own at a later day.
 |
| Armed Guard in front of "Baby Care" area |
5. We went grocery shopping today and it took 3 hours. Enough said.
6. Today was window washing day at the apartment building...check this guy out. Yup, he is literally just hanging from a rope, nothing to stand on, no where to set his bucket or squeegee down, just hanging there swinging along side the building washing windows. Alan assured me he was securely fastened in, however the continual banging from his whole body running into the windows left me a little concerned...apparently the guy lowering him down the building was a little jerky.
 |
| EEEK! |
7. We went out this morning for a nice stroll to the park, and by Bangalore standards it was a pretty quiet morning. We've been telling you a lot about traffic here, but we thought maybe a video would help convey the message a little better.
OK, so I think we might have YouTube figured out, so the video should play now. We still need to figure out why it is so wavy, but hope it works now!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteEspecially the video - did you use your iPad for it? I can just picture you guys walking around with a giant iPad as a camera :)
Nico
No Nico, we didn't use the iPad...we used a very small and discrete camera :-) Sorry I missed you last night! Baptiste says "hi"!
ReplyDelete