Apparently, as we learned a month ago, the universe does not like it when we get excited about finding an apartment. So let's talk about jet lag instead.
Jet lag is a very strange and annoying thing. Supposedly it takes one day for every hour of time change. That's too long. Especially since Andi and I are on two different schedules: I cannot stay up past 7 and cannot sleep past 5:30; Andi is staying up until about 2, and does not want to get up before 9, although we should be using "want to" quite loosely here. Anyway, tonight, at 7, when I started snoring on the couch, we got all dolled up and adventured out into the world for dinner and drinks. This was our first time out to a restaurant on our own - so far we have only been out to eat with expats or to restaurants that we have been to with expats. But tonight we tried something new. And it was amazing!! We aren't really sure what we ate, but Andi had a thin, smoky flavored curry and I had a thick tomato curry. They were both delicious. And Gfree!! So that was my part of the experiment, dinner instead of bed. And Andi? Well, her's was drinks. OK, so drinks were a part of both of our experiments. But anyway, we'll see if gimlet's help with the sleep!
We'll let you know how this new jet lag recovery method works. And if we do find an apartment, we will share that, too. Not that we have found one yet, maybe, or not....
Jet lag is a very strange and annoying thing. Supposedly it takes one day for every hour of time change. That's too long. Especially since Andi and I are on two different schedules: I cannot stay up past 7 and cannot sleep past 5:30; Andi is staying up until about 2, and does not want to get up before 9, although we should be using "want to" quite loosely here. Anyway, tonight, at 7, when I started snoring on the couch, we got all dolled up and adventured out into the world for dinner and drinks. This was our first time out to a restaurant on our own - so far we have only been out to eat with expats or to restaurants that we have been to with expats. But tonight we tried something new. And it was amazing!! We aren't really sure what we ate, but Andi had a thin, smoky flavored curry and I had a thick tomato curry. They were both delicious. And Gfree!! So that was my part of the experiment, dinner instead of bed. And Andi? Well, her's was drinks. OK, so drinks were a part of both of our experiments. But anyway, we'll see if gimlet's help with the sleep!
We'll let you know how this new jet lag recovery method works. And if we do find an apartment, we will share that, too. Not that we have found one yet, maybe, or not....
No comments:
Post a Comment