OK, maybe it has very little to do with Bangalore, India, or our time in India, but this from our friend Katherine is just brilliant:
I've always loved - and been inspired by - stories of people who work hard to become strong and healthy. I'm happy to have such a story to tell. But believe me when I say this: I loved this body when it was all curves and no angles, when it did the spectacularly hard work of labor, when the thought of swimming and biking and running was enough to make me collapse on the couch.Well, maybe a little to do with our time in India: our financial and trip planning offsite was such a success that we are doing a health and well-being offsite this weekend. Clearly, this will be our inspiration.
Bodies can be a source of profound pain, but they are also so wondrous - nerve endings and taste buds and fingertips and toes and shoulder blades and hips and hearts. And the things you can do with them! Like eating homemade ice cream, which I did tonight, and kayaking through downtown Chicago, which I'm doing on Friday.
I don't know what else to do but be grateful.
Enjoy
ReplyDelete